Gooey Chewy Chocolate cherry bars make a great Halloween treat,
or for an on the go snack, or maybe for breakfast with some almond milk!
Chewing crust and crumbly topping with cherries and dark chocolate in between… oh man I want one right now!
and that rich dark chocolate pairs amazing with creaming coconut or almond milk!
They are a great on the go snack but need to stay refrigerated, because of there gooey nature.
So I usually grab one or two and eat them on the way to work.
This recipe makes a large patch and you could easily freeze them so go ahead and make a double batch I wont judge, it’s Halloween season after all. Who doesn’t need some gooey Chocolate this month!
What are you waiting for, this recipe is so easy! go! you can thank me later…
Paleo Cherry Chocolate Bars
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1/4 maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk (full fat)
- 4~5 drops liquid vanilla stevia
- 1½ cup fresh or frozen cherries (Quartered)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 13×9 pan and line with parchment paper, so that paper extends over the sides of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped nuts, almond flour, maple sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined. Add melted coconut oil and stir with a spoon, once the coconut oil is all combined add the almond butter and use your hands to mix everything together, until the crust mixture is crumbly. Set aside 1 cup of the nut crust mixture. Press remaining of the crust mixture into the prepared pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Lower the oven’s temperature to 350 degrees.
- Put the cacao powder in a small sauce pan on the stove top on medium heat with the can of coconut milk and the stevia, Stir until the chocolate and coconut milk are well combined. Pour the chocolate-coconut milk mixture over the cooked crust.
- Add the cacao nibs and cherries to the uncooked nut crust mixture mix to combine and Sprinkle over the top of the chocolate. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate before cutting into squares.
~These make great on the go snacks! take them to work, out shopping or on vacation!~